We have appointments on Saturday 2nd September 2017 if you would like to book your little (or big) one in for a bespoke, professional made sports guard this can be named (so no lost guards at school) and you can choose the colour too!
£75 including name and your chosen colour as standard.
Sports guards, Mouthguards, gumshields, they have lots of names but all aim to protect the wearers teeth, gums and mouth from harm.There are lots of sports guards available, the cheapest of which are the boil and bite ones that can be bought in sports shops or chemists. The cheap boil and bite sport guards tend to be poor fitting and inhibit the wearer’s ability to talk clearly. They often encourage a gag reflex due to the guard’s ability to move around in the mouth too easily. It is important for ANY sports person undertaking any level of contact sport that requires a sports guard to get a ‘Custom Made sports guard’ from a dentist.
Benefits of Custom Made Sports guards
If you don’t wear a sports guards and you are hit in the face, the teeth can come together with such force that they can be broken. At worst, the jaw can also be broken and you can suffer with concussion due to the shock of the blow being transmitted through the skull. The long term cost financially and psychologically to the sufferer is immeasurable. So…it is essential that everyone who should wear a sports guards, wears a Custom Made sports guards.
Functions of Custom Made Sports guards
- Spread the forces of a direct blow around the dental arch and sports guard
- Prevent lacerations to gums, tongue and cheeks
- Reduce the risk of dento-alveolar fractures
- Reduce risk of avulsed teeth
- Prevent concussions
Benefits of Custom Made Sports guard
- Handmade by skilled Dental Technicians
- Incorporate individual needs based on wearer’s dental health and type of sport
- Maximises strength in desired areas
- Minimizes speech impairment
- Increase wearers compliance due to comfort and individual styling
- Excellent retention, maintaining wearers comfort
- Improve airway patency
- Increased SpO
- Balance the masticatory muscles to enhance performance
31% of dental emergency trauma cases are admitted to hospital for sports injuries*